6.03.2010

a starburst. for j.

i have to say about two years ago this would have been too graphic for my taste, but now I am finding myself loving the classic glamour of the starburst mirror. and the variety of iterations out there make it less locked into the mid-century design phase and more of an evolutionary piece throughout time. i actually kind of want one now-look at that turnaround! you can call me broadening-my-horizons-bird. for now.

A tribal variation, or maybe even Egyptian. I can imagine Cleopatra gazing into one of these before she hooked up with one of her brothers.


A tinny, mod version. Would work well in a sleek, monochromatic home or as a counterpoint to a traditional room. 


A slightly femmy and more wispy variation. Nice in a girl's room or as an accent piece in a hall or above a little knickknack table.


The classic, dramatic conversation piece and highly reflective so it will bring light to any room.


The mantle piece-perfect if you don't want to mount, perfect if you don't want something too shiny, perfect all around.


2 comments: