1.26.2011

oh la la rose gold

i don't know why but i have become slowly obsessed with the soft pinkish glow of rose gold. i am a gold fan to begin with-it is the gypsy in me-but rose gold offers something softer but still striking that the woman in me really loves. and since i am already a watch fan, or as D., my BIL states it, "You love watches don't you, girl?"( my response? yes yes yes and they don't even have to work for me to wear them. true story.)

but the rose gold seems to me to be the ultimate lady's watch and maybe that is the catch because we girls now have so few reasons to be the ultimate lady-so little is expected of us that every time i put on lipstick people ask what the special occasion is. i mean, i am all for liberation but what about an occasional return to classic feminism, just once in a while? i think i'm going to try harder at it because it makes me feel truly lovely and i will be starting with rose gold on my wrist.

One of the few times I do not despise the branding nor the bling, very rare for me.
Nordstrom

I don't know that I think rose gold always goes with the sportiness of a chronograph style:
 but somehow the square shape keeps it sophisticated.
Nordstrom

I also don't usually prefer a white face on watches because I want them to look seamless like a bracelet but it works here because the Roman Numerals put it in the "eternally classic" category.
I could wear this watch now or when I'm 60 and it will still work.
It looks like something Katharine Hepburn would have worn and we all know how much I love her.
Amazon

1 comment:

  1. how did you know i've been wanting a rose gold watch? in my dreams...

    ReplyDelete