2.01.2010

I blow dry twice a year, so that's out

I'm getting my haircut on Thursday evening. Any suggestions?

It's pretty long right now, which I sometimes like, except that most of the time I pull it back into an ugly bun held with a clip. Also, the ends are horribly shaggy and uneven. And usually when I get my haircut it's just a trim...so maybe I should be more adventurous...but maybe I don't want to be. I'll have my whole thirties to have short hair, right?

Was thinking briefly about a long pageboy, but my hair is so thick that it never winds up looking like this.

7 comments:

  1. I think your hair is absolutely GORGEOUS and would just trim it. Either have some -long- layers cut in for swing or have it trimmed so it continues to curl under slightly in a nice little line. Maybe try other hairstyles if the bun is bumming you out - high pony with pretty clip or half-up with nice punk bouffant? The side braid is back big time...just read it in Vogue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHmigod my verification word was 'sylph'. What an erudite blog this is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,

    I know how you feel about the bob, I yearn for it as well but cannot manage to pull it off with these curls. However, if you are bored just take it up a few inches, get some swing in it, and occupy your growing back time with beautiful headbands, deep side parts, high donut buns, and yes, I agree with Jennie-if you've got the length go for the side braid. And know you are beautiful regardless. love love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That girl has really fine hair, a lot of product, and a stylist. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The haircut was a success, and you can always inch up over the coming months (see my bald head) -- I think a long bob would be gorgeous to highlight your face and shoulders, but do know that without the extra weight, it'll hang differently. But, with Lisa, probably still awesomely. :)

    ReplyDelete