2.21.2010

"Why do you want to dance?" "Why do you want to live?"

Last night the husband and I took the subway into the city to see The Red Shoes on the big screen. As has been increasingly common for any evening expedition, I chose to zip my id and subway ticket into my pockets instead of carting my daytime handbag.

Today I was out thrift shopping and picked up this teeny ... well, I don't know what to call it, but it will be much better than risking pocket fallout. The strap is long enough that I can wear crossbody, camera style. $8.95!















Speaking of The Red Shoes, I loved the clothes. No wonder: Moira Shearer's wardrobe was apparently by Jacques Fath. I couldn't find screen grabs of the elegant daydresses, alas (there's never been a decade that flattered figures like the '40s), so these two evening gown peeks will have to do.














(The cape and tiara, not so much, but the one-shouldered tiered ballgown: stunning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment