4.21.2010

Fashion crime...against HUMANITY.

I would like to agree with the "Leggings are not pants" sentiment and I would like to, in fact, up the stakes.

Ladies (I'm especially looking at you, older ladies, who mysteriously seem to have embraced this "trend"): I know that J. Crew is fond of showing ankle socks worn with a skirt and heels or sandals.

This is not a good look. It is not even a good look on the models. And it is especially not a good look when you are over the age of, well, Suri Cruise. I'm not being mean. I've just seen two dames d'un certain age in the past week sporting this ... "fashion." It's not fashion. It's not edgy. It's dowdy to the max. Even on Alexa Chung. Okay? I'm serious, people.

I also don't like pastel-colored or floral-patterned tights, but I'm willing to let those slide if it means you'll be wearing tights with heels and not socks.

2 comments:

  1. ouch.

    I'm wearing leggings at the moment. Is it ok with a shirt that covers the "cheeks"? Or, maybe, us women of a certain age say the heck with it and wear what we like!

    I do agree about the ankle socks with heels. Hated it in the late 70s-early 80s and hate it now. I remember a spread in a fashion magazine in 1979 showing the anklets with a high-heeled bootie and the word "SNAP" across the page. Never did take outside magazine world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fine to wear leggings on bottom as long as your butt is covered! Front AND back.

    ReplyDelete