1.25.2010

Nesting

The other bird and her husband came over last night for football, and as the men leaped around the living room and shouted things at the screen she and I huddled in a corner with a stack of magazines. In conversation, the topic arose that there are a lot of non-fashion-related items we've been secretly wishing to post, so I hereby declare that this week pretty bird smart bird will focus on pretty things that aren't just clothes.

So! This weekend I was at Crate & Barrel and I saw two things that made me stop in my tracks, this duvet and this chair. The duvet, I plan to save my pennies and make it mine in the near future. The chair would require more than just penny-pinching. But someday. SOMEDAY! I have mentally decorated a room around it. In the house that is also currently a castle in the air.

3 comments:

  1. That chair gives me heart palpitations. Toss on a little velvet emerald pillow and I'd probably sell my soul for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It literally gave me chills, or goosebumps, when my eyes alit on it. I know that is the most ridiculously shallow thing I've ever said (saying a lot).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not shallow, because I bet at least $20 that the room in your head, like the one in mine, has something to do with books. I mean geez...can you see this thing in front of a tall bookshelf with an antique ladder? And a green and brass library lamp? And I totally get the sense you could push it up to a table and it would be the perfect height for researching important things. sigh.

    ReplyDelete