3.08.2010

For Traci

...but I don't have energy to round up photos.

Best:


Cameron Diaz
Anna Kendrick
Gabourey Sibide
Rachel McAdams (She might have been the winner in terms of pretty + interesting.)
Carey Mulligan, despite myself (usually hate skirts that come up in front, but it was INTERESTING and funky and I like her. Shoes were not awesome but were forgiveable.)


Safe but really, really pretty:

Penelope Cruz
Kristen Stewart (although, wish she'd had a necklace)
Demi Moore (seriously, how DOES she do it?)
Amanda Seyfried
Elizabeth Banks
Helen Mirren
Meryl Streep


Meh:

Sandra Bullock (Yeah, it was pretty, but it was kind of ... awards show ish.)
Tina Fey (I couldn’t tell: could you see her underwear??)
Maggie Gyllenhaal (I like her adventurousness but the print left me kind of cold. Felt very 2008-9, to be honest.)
Kate Winslet (I liked this better in some photos than in others)
J. Lo. (got nothing to say)

Worst:

Zoe Saldana (she’s a goddess, but I do not like those dark purple ruffles)
Vera Farmiga (nice color, but she looked like a sea creature)
Sarah Jessica Parker (YUCK. Did she get this at Forever 21? Chanel, I hardly knew ye.)
Charlize Theron (upon reflection, I moved her here from my "meh" column. But do you remember her orange Vera Wang of the late '90s? That dress was incredible, and may spark a separate "Best and Worst Oscars Fashion Ever" post)


On the fence:

Diane Kruger (I think I would hate this dress more if it was anyone but Diane, who is radiant.)
Miley Cyrus (I think I would like this dress more if it was anyone but Miley, who is, to me, kind of gross.)

Update: I was going to put this in the comments but then I felt it deserved to go here. Even though I didn't like Zoe Saldana's dress, I applauded its bravery. She gets a thumbs up from me for not looking so styled within an inch of her life, unlike, say, Amanda Seyfried or Elizabeth Banks.
Also, if anyone saw pics of Zoe Kravitz's dress, I thought it was really pretty too. I'm a sucker for red and white done minimalistically. Yes, I believe I did just invent that word.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with most everything here.

    I loved Rachel McAdams...perfectly feminine and perfectly interesting.

    I loved Sandra Bullock's bodice, but the skirt was a little 70s disco lame for me. Could you imagine if it had been like charcoal with a nude chiffon overlay or something? More yummy.

    I don't know what it is about her, but it doesn't matter one bit what Maggie Gyllenhall wears--I will love her no matter what. That said, I'd have liked it more if her jewelry were more cohesive. And if she'd gone with a red lip.

    Saw photos of Nicole Richie today, and really kinda dug her dress. Very interesting, and perfect for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on Miley. How is it that a 16 year old can look 40? Dress not bad, hair EWWWW!
    Anna Kendrick was definitely one of my faves. I loved her hair too.
    I have to disagree with Charlize. All I can think of is hooter honks.
    Demi looked amazing.
    Cameron. Wow.
    Zoe's ruffles were awful!
    I wish Rachel McAdams was wearing a dainty necklace.
    I liked Nicole Ritchie's too. It was perfect for her.
    I read that Carey Mulligan's dress had little forks and scissors on it, but I can't mkae them out in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna go for Demi's nude over Anna's nude and loved Cameron's dress (a huge step up from the Golden Globes all-around outfit monstrosity) though I was not partial to her giant 80's wave hair. I actually loved Miley's dress and if my 17 year old sister were on the red carpet I would have put her in exactly that as well; it was actually a bit too sweet for someone older I think. And Rachel, my love, Rachel I adore you and that floating Monet you wore. Cannot get enough of you.

    ReplyDelete