3.11.2010

What I saw and how I "buyed"

Liberty for Target update!

They opened a "pop-up shop" at Bryant Park yesterday, and when I found out I decided to stop in after work. So here is my review. Note that a LOT of stuff was cleaned out already (place was jamming), but this seems like the most extensive capsule collection they've ever done, so a lot was left.

Here's what I got:
A black and white cotton scarf ($14.99)
A rose and white polyester sleeveless blouse  ($19.99)
A yellow, green, and turqouise duffel bag ($19.99)
All, coincidentally, in the sunflower print, which apparently I am majorly drawn to.
I'm debating returning the blouse, because the fabric is that icky faux chiffon. However, it is a really cute print, and I love the high neck.
I'm wearing the scarf today. J'adore.
The duffel bag--I was so surprised by it! The colors are beautiful, and it's a nice heavy fabric. It's got two handles and then a top strap, and pockets and such. I think I'll use it sparingly as a weekend bag, and then down the line as a diaper bag in a few years (I mean, knock on wood).

Here's what I considered getting:
A cotton cami and shorts pajama set in clashing prints--but I am saving up for a pair of elegant mens style pajamas in the fall, so I put this back
The peacock print one-piece bathing suit--really thick, nice quality; just strapless, and I don't have the boobage to keep it up. (All the swimsuits seemed good quality to me, and cute. If the peacock had had some kind of strap, SOLD.)
A magenta short-sleeved faux chiffon robe that would look really cute over a cami for work--again, polyester.
A blue, small-floral print tote bag--adorable print and vibrant colors, but the straps were that horrible white vinyl fake leather
The china canisters--there were a LOT of these left, and I loved them, but the reason there were a lot left (and why I didn't get one) is because this is New York and no one has counter space.
A ruffle neck sleeveless blouse in another small floral print--cute cut, but I decided the print was maybe a little too "Express circa 1999" for me.

Here's what else they had:
Floral print rainboots
Floral print underwear
Sundresses, maxi dresses, and peasant blouses in various prints
More pajamas, but mostly that fake chiffon that wouldn't be comfy to sleep in
Girls' clothes--really, really cute, especially because these were all in the cotton, unlike the women's clothes. Taylor Eve, your birthday is coming up!
Floral print flip flops
Floral print wallets
Floral print sun hats
One sole, chipped peacock mug
A few piggy banks
A few melamine trays
The bikes

Here's what was already gone:
The teapots, but they had one on display, and it wasn't round like I thought--kind of an oblong shape, so I think I'll pass. You can always find pretty vintage teapots.
The mugs
The flower pots
The men's clothes--loved the sole tie and buttondown they had on display (for me, though--Chris would NEVER wear them)
The melamine dishware
The gardening gloves
The umbrellas
The bedding and throw pillows

Here's what I'm mildly considering getting up on Sunday for:
  • The sunflower print shift dress--it's a gorgeous dark golden yellow with the black and white print, and the fabric is heavy, not polyester. I love it. On the other hand, I'm trying not to be spendthrift and also not to be a walking "for Target" advertisement. They also had this print and fabric in a spring coat on the mannequin. Both of these pieces looked like something you'd find in J. Crew. I do have a mild suspicion the dress would wrinkle if you sat in it. But it'd be perfect for all the summer weddings I have to go to.
  • The button down, small-floral print tops. This would be so nice with jeans, or buttoned up under a blazer with a clashing scarf. Hmmm. This blouse is what really sways me. Maybe I'll ask my mom to go to her Target. If it's there, it's meant to be!
  • The umbrellas, hee. It looks like they have plastic handles, though. Still, nothing like pink flowers to brighten up a rainy day.

Okay! This LofLforT preview brought to you by obsessive chintzyness.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! I am feeling that magenta robe and damn if I am not just dying for a set of the peacock mugs. I feel they would truly make my mornings happy. Although, I also know that the Buddhists say we shouldn't do that...I'm trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to email me photo links so I can see what you want when I go to the Super Target on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete