8.10.2010

Internal battle

Me: Vintage leather creamy brogues on Etsy for only $39! Holy cow, think how many outfits I could make with these!
Other Me: NO. MORE. SHOES.
Me: Come on, these are CLASSIC. You'll wear them for the rest of your life!
Other Me: You just got cognac brogues for your birthday. And you have black and white ones from eBay from the other year.
Me: YEAH, AND you wear those all the time and get compliments every single time! Plus, they're falling apart!
Other Me: So maybe you should wait and get some new black and white ones that you can actually wear in the fall and winter. Are you really going to wear cream-colored brogues in November?
Me: Maybe not....but they'd look SO PRETTY with ALLLL my dresses. Please? Please?
Other Me: Laura. You do not need three pairs of brogues. This is getting out of hand. Put the theoretical $39 in your mental Frye boot fund, and forget about these.
Me: ... (Sniffle) ... I'm trying. I'm trying.

Update:
Other Other Me: Plus, they kind of look like nursing shoes. I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. maybe this makes me the little devil on your left hand shoulder but i would buy them... sorry! (or you're welcome?)

    ReplyDelete