8.31.2010

penn flea market finds

look! so excited and have to share with people who don't say "oh. but it's old." clearly then you do not get the aesthetic of the thing. as for thrift: I only spent $76 total!  check it out:
The Ensemble: Baroque Cream Mirror, Framed Sketch of Vase on Parchment, Octagon Mirror, Tarnished Tray, Weathered Stool, Antique Hideaway Books, Mugs from Old Inns, Glass Jelly Jar with Tin Top. 


Closeups of Mirror and Vase Sketch Frames
Sketch of Vase on Parchment
Vintage Jelly Jar with Tin Top and Antique Inn Mugs
Tin Lid for Jelly Jar
Antique Hideaway Books (One says poetry on the front and the other has a picture of Napoleon-love that cranky little bastard)
Tarnished Tray

3 comments:

  1. I clearly need to go with you next time. I went to flea markets all through Maine and came away with ... one brooch. You've got the magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mirror is awesome. Are you going to keep it with a white frame, or gild it (just asking b/c I know you love the gold frames too)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was thinking about it but i am currently gilding another smaller frame that i found about six months ago and it is fairly tiny and taking me awhile and taking over my living room. so i might just hang it as it and wait until I have the house space to gild the big one. the gilding is so pretty though.

    ReplyDelete