7.28.2010

Lunchtime musings

I'm enjoying summer (now that it's reasonable 89 degree heat and regular old humidity, vs the mid-90s/swampy mcswampsalot we had going for a few weeks there) and not looking forward parTICULARLy to fall, but I do like thinking about fall fashion, as the other bird mentioned. Burgundy tights ... brown tweed skirts ... cardigans and brooches ... lovely.

Here's what I'll be watching for in thrift stores:

a plaid coat

lace blouses

simple a-line and pencil skirts with unusual and vivid patterns

cardigans, always

stacked heels (did you see the August Vogue? '70s revivalism is on like ... well, like mid-calf skirts and aviator sunglasses)

a ladylike satchel

watches with a thin leather strap

simple chain jewelry

anything soft gray ... plus navy and dark red

interesting belts

Grandma brooches sold cheaply

3 comments:

  1. ah, so late '70s, early 80's. Lace blouses, plaid coats, Coach type bags, scrunchy boots, dark colored tights, brooches. I was reminded of the 1929 Jewelry Company, and the stick pins we wore stuck in the lapels of tweed jackets. Enjoy the fashions! And I'm hearing that big hair is coming back, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I wish you'd saved all your clothes for me! :) I wish I could find a pair of boots like the ones you had when I was little.

    ReplyDelete