7.13.2010

Rumor has it

I was feeling a little guilty about the striped dress in the post below, wondering if I ought to return it, because I bought it full price and I've certainly never bought anything at Anthropologie that hadn't been marked down, and then I was going through my wardrobe and realizing that almost nothing in it was bought full-price (unless it was from a thrift store, which COUNTS as buying it on sale) and this brings me in a roundabout sort of way to this one pair of jeans I have that I bought on mondo clearance from J. Crew.com and when they arrived (final sale, don't you know) discovered that I guess I have body dysmorphia disorder because I totally could have gotten the next size down.

But, they're super comfy and soft and they're that nice dark indigo that looks so classy, so I wear them a lot, even though Chris HATES them. And when I see pictures of myself in them I completely understand why he hates them. They make me look like I weigh an extra twenty pounds on the bottom. But I already paid to have the hems tailored so I can't stand the thought of getting rid of them and buying new jeans. It makes my frugal blood boil.

I just read this tip where if you sit in a boiling hot bath tub in your jeans it will shrink them to your body. I might try it! Does anyone know from personal experience whether it works?

In any case, Chris says it will be funny to watch. Hey, I like baths. Also, I'm keeping the dress.

3 comments:

  1. You are very funny! Let us know how the bath works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! i just got some skinny jeans from new york and company and i don't want to take them off. they are perfect because they aren't too tight and they aren't too lose. i almost sent you a pair, but i didn't know your size for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If nothing else, you could always take them back to the tailor to have them taken in. If you love them that much it'll probably be worth it (if the bath doesn't work out...any chance you'd post a photo of yourself taking a bath in your favorite jeans and t-shirt? I think it would be hilarious and sort of chic in that Annie-Liebowitz-is-feeling-cheeky sort of way.).

    ReplyDelete