10.06.2010

Flower power

As long as it's not boring for you guys, I'll keep you "posted" (ha!) on the Great Perfume Hunt of 2010. Don't worry, regular posts will intersperse these whiffy ones.

So, last night I stopped by another Sephora (and put on more Stila Cloud plus Stila's purple pencil eyeliner and some Nars lipgloss. What!?! They like for you to test things) and smelled a few more perfumes. I took a sample of Guerlain Pamplelune which I'm wearing on my wrist today. I'm open to it, but I don't think it's the one. When you first smell it, it has a really tangy grapefruit odor that is at first refreshing and rapidly becomes "bitter." But then you get a whiff of honeysuckle and you think, wow, this is a really complex scent.

On my person, though, it's got this tinge of something I can only describe as "powdery" that's kind of overpowering the grapefruit, and has totally obliterated the honeysuckle. It's not an unpleasant smell, but it just doesn't feel me.

I also took a sample of Marc Jacobs Daisy which I might wear tomorrow; it's a really light, flowery, enchanting scent, though it smells very "young," and I don't think I'm saying that just because of the name and the packaging. M. says it's not "distinctive" enough and she might be right ... it's kind of like a very high end Bath & Body Works spray. But, I mean, it smells delicious. We'll see.

I also sniffed Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and I think I maligned it yesterday--I might have been thinking of regular Coco. Coco M. is quite nice; again, not sure it's me, but the inside of my purse smells like it after I stashed the strip in there and it's not at all bad.

4 comments:

  1. I was making my Christmas list (what to buy for all my people) and next to your name is "a lovely scent" not because you smell bad, but because I love to gift you indulgent type items like designer perfumes... these posts are helpful but also scare me a bit. I may need your friend M's contact info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee...I haven't found "the one" yet although I'm pretty sure a teeny bottle of Michael Kors is going to be my special occasion perfume. I find myself going upstairs to uncork the sample bottle just to sniff it, for fun.

    Goodness. I sound like a LUNATIC!

    And also, Christmas?!? I need to get on it. I haven't even planned out my Halloween costume yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have decided that I like White Linen at this stage in my life. Another hint for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh liz, do not feel bad at all. i start making lists and buying gifts for christmas, seriously, around august. no joke. my "christmas list for everyone" draft in my email is dated august 23rd. and last night b. and i heard a group singing in the subway and (whether it was or wasn't) we heard "christmas" music-joyful joyful or so we thought-and it made us both giddy. so you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete