11.10.2010

sanctuary

even more than usual for me, in the winter my home becomes a sanctuary. it is warm and inviting and there are little touches to brighten my day until the sun peaks again. here are some of the top items on my list for making my home more luxurious this winter:


JHubbs and I personify Dorothy Parker's couple that "struggles along on cheese and kisses" and this would make the struggle much more glamorous.
potterybarn.com

Filled with a little eggnog and brandy I could not imagine a prettier spectacle sprinkled in nutmeg.
overstock.com 
Unless it were maybe some mulled wine in this little decanter.
overstock.com
Whether I am collecting pine cones or change it would be thrilling in these beautiful bowls. lunareshome.com
Adding an extra layer of texture and warmth to the bedroom is critical to the aesthetic and it means you can keep your thermometer (and your heating bill) lower.
kohls.com

Having a place to store winter vegetables and glass bottles to be recycled keeps me organized and the heavy open wire frame keeps me stylish.
sundancecatalog.com
Cashmere anywhere in the winter makes me happy but having an oversize throw in a neutral (or that lush green for some contrast) keeps my home inviting to everyone who comes over with cold tootsies.
 overstock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment