11.10.2010

Scotch blood

I am a weird shopper.

I'm always looking, but seldom buying. I pop in to H&M, Anthro, and J. Crew on my lunch breaks, and leave empty handed every time. The last thing I bought in a store was deeply discounted Ellen Tracy tights at the Bay Ridge Century 21 (and even then I put two pairs back, which I'm still regretting). I have unfulfilled shopping carts all over the Internet: Kohls, Zappos, Urban Outfitters, Old Navy. I've had the same classic London Fog trench coat in my Overstock.com shopping cart for MONTHS, and even with the 10% off coupon they just sent me I can't seem to bring myself to buy it. I have major guilt issues when it comes to buying things for myself.

The exception, it seems, is eBay. Over the last two months I have bought the following items, for a combined total of $38.76, not counting shipping. From this you can subtract the $25 or so PayPal credit I had from selling those Steve Madden cowboy boots after all.
Anthro floral shrug in fall colors

Charter Club striped cardigan (stripes = wear with everything)

J.Jill floral blouse, inspired by this outfit

Nine West polka dot blouse ($1.29!) inspired by the '70s polka dots that are everywhere this season

Anthro silk dress ($16.50!), inspired by the Victorian florals I'm constantly in love with

Limited skirt, which is a bit more mini than I was expecting, but that I'll pair next summer with my peach tank and nude Rodarte for Target lace cardigan, inspired by this outfit

So anyway, it could be much worse. But still, I've got to put myself on eBay hold. If nothing else, it's resulting in a closet that resembles a garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment