11.04.2010

simply lovely

so, the little purple jacket that i put in the last post has been haunting me and i decided to take a look at the rest of the simply vera vera wang line for this season. bc i do not have a kohls in the city i cannot see the collection in person and sometimes forget to check it out online. however, i am super glad that i remembered bc it is still chic and well done and now has me lusting after a few pieces (seen below) particularly the orange ruffle sleeve sweater bc i haven't seen anything like it anywhere else and that black wool wrap jacket bc it is just timeless.









1 comment:

  1. Funny you should feature this... Whilst in MD, I went to Kohl's (twice. Trip 1: fuzzy pink slippers; Trip 2: to check out the London Fog trenches for Laura, but they were on to winter stock so I got a silver leopard print cardi so as not to have it be a scoreless trip). I always peruse the Vera Wang collection. It's pretty good quality on select items, although the construction is boxy (like all fast fashion, and staples, like tights, are very good). The bags are cheapie in real life (I admit I have a huge hang-up on fake leather bags), and some of the knits are kind of lifeless. The undies are cheap nylon and bras look cheap and have that stiff foam padding. Those tap shorts better to look than touch, alas.

    Basically, anything synthetic isn't worthwhile. But the tights are really, really great.

    The end. (Sorry if I seem anti! I'm truly pro but can't abide cheap fabrics. You *do* get what you pay for.)

    ReplyDelete