12.22.2009

Addicted to Crystal...Renn

The blog Fashionista had been one of my daily reads for a while but I got kind of fed up with what seemed to be an unceasingly shallow voice. I don't know if they have new writers now or what but in my occasional visits back the past couple of weeks I've been increasingly wooed. With their newest post, I'm sold. They picked up on the Terry Richardson photos of a "regular" model and a "plus size" model (the gorgeous and deservingly buzzed-about Crystal Renn) in the same outfits. Check it out:















Designers: the line that clothes "look better" on the very thin girls because they're like "coat hangers" is such a crock of baloney that I hope you choke on your own b.s.

2 comments:

  1. I saw a different set of photos of these two girls on jezebel, and I actually was more drawn to the "plus size" (can I hate on that label any more???) model. She is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how some girls put up pictures of Gisele to remind them to be leggy or Jessica Biel to be six-pack inspired or Madonna to try to get her ripped biceps (regardless of the fear they sometimes inspire)? Well, for the past two years I've had a picture of Crystal tucked away in the back of my planner to remind me to be a gorgeous, slightly soft woman who looks amazing in lingerie. I am so glad people are finally SEEING her.

    ReplyDelete