12.29.2009

Last post on this topic, I swear

The Rodarte pieces arrived and are very nice quality. I'm wearing the print shirt today under a black and white tweedy jacket (as shown in fuzzy phone photo). The tan-and-black dress is basically a slip dress--elastic waist, no zipper--but the fabric feels nice to the touch. The blue dress is very, very short, but quite well cut, actually. The zipper seemed to be broken but on closer examination there was a misplaced piece of thread obstructing it so I got out my scissors and it's fine now.

I was at the Annapolis Target with Liz on Sunday where they still had quite a few pieces--the lace camisoles, the gray asymmetrical sweater (feels nice to the touch, but it's $45. ?), the tulle skirts (cute, but so wispy and tiny), the floral halter dress (a LOT of these. Sweet retro fabric but I think the dress design is maybe not appealing), and one silver leopard sequin dress not, alas, in my size. Overall, a solid thumbs up.

4 comments:

  1. Now am more upset about the tank top. What is wrong with me? I am creating a new cardinal shopping rule: If you are in a rural area where the designer brands have not sold out at the local target and they have them in your first-to-go-size, buy immediately, think later, save receipt. Will work to get it down to snazzy ten commandment size ruling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the floral bikini, but I have forbidden myself from buying any new suits. I already own more swim suits than most people I know. Maybe if it's around long enough togo on sale...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say that they also had a lot of swimsuits. So I think you have a good chance of snagging one on sale!

    Ooh, Cole--we should create the Ten Commandments of Shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like what I got! I waited too long to order the asymmetrical sweater, so I think I'm going to have to settle for just the mesh t-shirt. Which I have sitting next to me now, but haven't quite tried on yet! At least it LOOKS good!

    ReplyDelete