12.09.2009

no place like home





...for a little holiday pick me up. while fashion is my love, fashioning my home is new source of joy and ambition for me and apartment 48 has me raring to go. not only are any of these gifts both adorable and useful, they are the kind of gift a friend can re-purpose over and again to continue to make her life interesting. tired of the water pitcher? put some flowers in it and group with other decanters for a crystal centerpiece! don't want to waste your polka dot beauty on your keys, toss them onto the cake stand with your outgoing stationary and move the polka dots to your nightstand then fill with pretty jewelry or a lovely bed of found rocks, wildflowers, or mistletoe. no fruit salad to fill your pretty bowl? use some hanging wire to affix it over your ceiling bulbs and finally replace the ever-unattractive standard ceiling lights in new york apartments-just remember to take it with you when you upgrade...

No comments:

Post a Comment